Sunday, October 14, 2007

The Airing of the Biases - Willmott Edition

Ah, cyberspace.

So when JAmoros alluded to a sports blogger joining the herd earlier, guess what? He was talking about me. The name's John; you can call me Willmott (no bonus points for guessing what my last name is). I'll be checking in to offer my takes on various different things in the realm of sports, collegiate, professional and otherwise. I'm also a provocative person; if something says something stupid, expect me to point it out (especially true in the case of JAmoros - I won't hesitate for a second to call him an idiot).

One thing I don't want to have happen here is for someone to read and come complaining about a hidden bias that I have somewhere. I'd like to think that I'm pretty upfront person in terms of what I'm all about. Case and point: I'd like to start out here by airing my biases for all the (digital) universe to see.

I'm from the D.C. area, so I naturally like the teams from here ('Skins and Nats for sure, I can take or leave the Wiz and Caps). I also go to the University of Maryland; "Die-hard" doesn't completely describe my love for the Terps. Similarly, I hate the teams that go against these squads frequently. This means you, NFC East, non-Maryland ACC teams, and the Atlanta Braves. Everybody (save for JAmoros) hates the Yankees - I'm no different.

I'm also a big stickler for the minutiae; uniforms, announcers, and so on. Feel free to make your own observations to that end.

Get it. Got it? Good. I can tell this is going to be the start of a beautiful relationship.

No comments: