Monday, October 29, 2007

Airing more biases

Seeing as I'm finally contributing to the site, it's time for me to introduce myself. My name's Nicole, and I'll be your historical reporter. Monday through Friday, I will be providing you, dear reader, with one of the day's historical events in the form of a news story for your educational advancement. Hopefully, I'll also add my two cents on other topics, probably staying within the political and entertainment spheres - the world of sports, sadly, is not my strong suit.

Because my co-bloggers aired their biases, it's only fair that I do the same, in my own way. I am a history major, with an emphasis on pre-Civil War America, although I am also interested in post-Civil War America, European history, law, and the rise and fall of different political systems. Classical and Ancient history are not my best areas, but I'll do my best to offer a well-rounded take on the history of the day. As per JAmoros's request, my top three favorite wars would be the American Revolution, the American Civil War (although I'm more interested in the political events leading to secession than the war itself) and the English Civil War.

Now that that's out of the way, look for the first story later today.

No comments: